Fall is here and what better way to celebrate the crisp cool air is to add a little pumpkin into your diet! I love to indulge in pumpkin in the fall but I don't want it going to my waistline either...
Here is a healthier version of pumpkin muffins without all the sugar and flour that causes bloating and weight issues.. Enjoy these healthier treats....
1 large egg
1 large egg white
1/4 cup pumpkin puree
1 large banana, cut into pieces
1/2 cup all natural almond butter
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp himalayan salt
1 dash ground nutmeg
2 scoops any vanilla protein powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Prepare twelve muffin cups with cooking spray or muffin liners
3. In Blender place egg, egg white, pumpkin, banana, almond butter and
maple syrup together, cover and blend for 30 seconds.
4. Add protein powder, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Cover
again and blend until smooth.
5. Divide batter evenly and pour into the muffin tins
6. Bake for 16 to 18 minutes or until golden brown and the tester when
inserted comes out clean.
7. Transfer muffins to cooling rack to cool
Total Time: 28 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 16-18 minutes
Servings: 12 muffins, 1 serving each
Total Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 21 mg
Total Carbs 10g
Sugars 7 g
Recipe by Beachbody Blog